Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Dreaming, What do You Want?

I spent an hour and asked myself the following questions,

  • What will it take to be successful in the Workplace?
  • What is my “dream job”?
  • What is my “dream” daily routine?

What will it take to be successful in the Workplace?

I’ve found in my own experience that to be successful in the workplace you need to have all of the following constantly in motion:

  1. Education - Always be learning something new.
  2. Dedication - In any workplace it is giving it your best, quality is king.
  3. Networking - Meeting and connecting with other people in your area of expertise.

I know that with a healthy balance of all three you can become a success in the workplace and achieve any goal no matter how great. All three feed off of one another and really help you become a well rounded individual.

For me my workplace is the internet, and everything I do will revolve around moving myself in the right direction each and every day.

What is my “dream job?”

This is really important to know, because I have to know what I am busting my ass for. If you have ever watched “The Secret” you will know to imagine and create your own realities. I know what I want in the end, freedom of time and money, but within that comes leveraging my passions to make money. I started on this within the post linked just above this line, and I figure I need to get more specific. My dream job is this,

“To be working for myself and no one else, all earned (not passive) income comes off the internet one way or another. I sleep in every morning until atleast 9 AM, and all “priority” tasks are completed by noon during the week. Lastly, I don’t have to do anything internet work related on the weekends.”

What is my “dream” daily routine?

Monday - Friday: Wake up at 9 AM, and write my ass off content wise for my blogs until noon. The afternoon can be spent relaxing, running errands, doing tasks around the house, or simply working on my hobbies (websites, reading, working out, etc.). Evenings are spent with friends, family, educating myself, networking, writing, or whatever.

Friday night - Sunday: no work priorities or obligations, period. Hanging out with friends and family, going out, sleeping in Saturday and Sunday, etc. The weekends in my dream routine are really just like a regular week day except I am not pushing myself to meet goals, deadlines, etc.

Putting it Into Action

This braintstorming excercise for me was fantastic because:

  1. I now know visually what I want
  2. I now know what I will need to get there
  3. I now know how I want to be getting there, and more importantly staying there.

With that said I just need to put this into action as best as I possibly can. I will tweak my routine for effectiveness as often as humanly possible to become more efficient, and see what happens over the next month or so. Obviously I have other committments like my part time job, but doesn’t mean I can’t work around it until I don’t have to work it at all. Let’s see what happens.

THE SECRET IS....


No comments: